OCD and Surgery Just Don't Mix!


So I know I've been a slacker on my blog but I think I have good reason. Let me begin, So along with all my regular surgeries I have every 6 months, we thought we'd mix things up and throw in another. Why not? What's another surgery, right? J/K Actually this ankle has been a bugger of mine for quite some time. It has taken quite the beating in it's life of being a gymnast, cheerleader, and family BBQ volleyball player. Yep that last one is what did it 5 years ago, volleyball. I was playing at my parents for a family BBQ, I jumped ever so high to do a "professional spike" then landed to hear a POP that echoed in my ears. So the trip to the ER told us it was not a broken bone, but very stretched out ligaments and tendons that made that loud POP. I went on my way and tried to heal. It never felt normal again, aching and randomly popping in and out of socket. Over the last 6 months it got progressively worse. I couldn't even wear heels anymore. And all you women know how sad that is for us. It would pop out of socket every couple days, then once a day, then 5 times a day, then 10 times...... So I finally decided to see a ortho surgeon like my hubby suggested. And the results........ Surgery ASAP, my ankle has a good sized hole where bone and cartilage should be from falling in and out of place daily. The tendons and ligaments need a total reconstruction and a possible transplant from my hamstring. WHATT????!!
So I was a bit freaked out. No driving for 6 weeks, a hard cast for 6 weeks, and let go of control in quite a few different areas for 6 weeks.
But I'm alive and venting. I've had some great help and visitors. And that's what will get me through the next 5 weeks 2 days. My 73 year old grandma came over today, watched the kids and made us dinner. She's so sweet and always willing to help! Thank you Grammy, I love you! Thanks to everyone that has been trying to keep me sane, it means a lot

I want to tell my hubby how grateful I am for him. He is so patient to put up with me and my OCD. He has really been keeping up with the house, the kids, laundry, dinner and so on. I know I have A LOT of things I like done my way and he's done so good trying to get it done "that" way for me . He's always seeing what I feel like eating or what movie he can rent for me, or if I need to go on a quick drive just so I won't go crazy. He's so good to me and the girls and I am so lucky. I love you so much sweetheart! Thank you for all you do!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you are having the time of your life!!! Hopefully the next 5 weeks go by quickly.

McDermaid Fam said...

britt! i had no idea you were having surgery! think of how great you will feel after you are all healed up. if it makes you feel any better, even though you are bed/house ridden, you sure look cute in the pics you posted! hope everything goes ok! maybe i will see you soon... p.s. thanks for referring ryan and his family to me for pics. i am doing htem march 4th!

The Larson Fam said...

Get lots of TLC and relaxin, Brit! Hopefully the recovery will fly by for you and the fam. Good to hear everything went well.

edwards family said...

I also didn't know you were having surgery! Glad to hear you FINALLY went in and had it fixed. Hope you recover soon. At least you'll be up and running and living a normal life again.

Joe and Marlene said...

Your mom told me you were to have foot surgery...sorry. Thankfully there is something to remedy your predicament, right??? I mean you want your heals back on I'm sure. Wait??? Will you get to wear heals again after the reconstruction, or will that just be too risky? Take care - and SHOOT - try to enjoy laying around. Mom's don't get to do much of that for a few years or more!! ha ha You take what you can when and HOW you can.

Ku'uipo said...

Ouch! Get lots of rest and hope you get back on your feet soon...LOL

McDermaid Fam said...

brittnie, hope you are feeling a little better... not sure if you will get this message, but i do not have an email for you... i find out what i am having on march 13th so i will have to let you know:) yes lets do lunch. i am free whenever.

Jane said...

Oh, I am so sorry, that would be SO hard to give up so many things you have "control over" I would have a really hard time. I hope you are doing good and recovering quickly!!